The project aims to create innovative and technological solutions to improve the use of water and encourage the use of unconventional water for financial purposes in Palestine, Jordan, Tunisia, Italy and Spain.
Contribute to increasing water availability for agriculture purpose through the use of non-conventional water in order to reduce the pressure on fresh waters.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES Improve water use efficiency of NCW for irrigation; Strengthen the NCW governance by disseminating and capitalizing innovative and technological solutions; Improve the quality of NCW for reuse in agriculture.
- Field assessment of the efficiency of WWTP and quality of NCW
- Minor interventions on WWTPs to improve efficiency
- Pre- and post-treatments and MAR systems design; Pre- and post-treatments and MAR systems implementation; Evaluation of the efficiency of pre- and post-treatments and MAR systems
- Identification of constraints and opportunities for a productive use of TWW
- Design, equipment and operationalization of demo sites
- Evaluation of innovative irrigation trainings; impact on efficiency, productivity and groundwater
- Transfer of water mgmt solutions to improve use efficiency and quality and use of NCW in agriculture
- Stakeholders dialogue and water governance improvement
- Interchange of experiences and implementation of results transfer
- Interactive Web platform implementation
Source of funding
: UE (ENI CBC Med Programme)
: 2 760 285,00 €
- University of Sassari - Italia
- National Agricultural Research Center - Giordania
- Office National de l'Assainissement - Tunisia
- Fundación Centro de las Nuevas Tecnologías del Agua CENTA - Spagna
- Centre International de Hautes Études Agronomiques Méditerranéennes (CIHEAM Bari) - Italia
- WEWORLD-GVC Onlus - Palestina